Monday 2 April 2012

Three Egg Island

Well, back in the depths of January, when four hens were laying two eggs a week between them, I never thought it would happen. But today we reached a new high in egg production of three, with two having been laid yesterday. Three in one day is some achievement. It's been a team effort, and I have to say thanks in particular to the ladies, without whose sterling efforts none of this would have been possible. Three eggs. My goodness - I'm soon going to start making inroads into the world's biggest collection of egg boxes and begin distributing hem to the needy and the deserving. Well, to the deserving.

There must be some kind of etiquette around eggs that you give to people, eg. no straw stuck to them and no signs of poo. I don't know how they achieve that for supermarket eggs, unless they give them a rinse at some stage in the packing process. Still, a minor thing to worry about and certainly a good problem to have (although I have been making my own banana bread in an effort to use up some of my surplus eggs and have made four loaves in as many days, so that I am now sick of banana bread!).

No comments:

Post a Comment